Physical Chemistry ($75.00 USD) — Are you looking for smooth, radiant skin? Look no further. DERMAdoctor has created a ground breaking cosmeceutical technology: the first single-step, high-potency multiacid chemical peel and microdermabrasion treatment in one.
Information and the claim: Skin cells are held together two ways: a “glue” that cements cells together and microscopic fibers that further anchor them together. Chemical peels simply dissolve the glue. Microdermabrasion treatments merely break the fibers. Physical Chemistry does both, providing a complete, thorough, medically effective exfoliation.
DERMAdoctor Physical Chemistry facial microdermabrasion + multiacid chemical peel contains the following potent ingredients:
- pH Balanced, buffered Multiacid Resurfacing Complex including Glycolic, Lactic, Azelaic and Beta Hydroxy Acids – work synergistically to provide unparalleled at-home peel potential.
- Synthetic Polymer Microdermabrading Beads are free of rough, abrasive edges making it the ideal physical exfoliator. Another first this microdermabrasion is self-limited as beads break down when applied to the skin allowing them to remove debris without irritation.
- Anti-irritant Complex features Green Tea (EGCG), Dimethicone and Algae Extract which diminishes the potential for facial redness, irritation and inflammation.
DERMAdoctor Physical Chemistry helps to reduce the appearance of numerous skin conditions including:
- Fine Lines/Wrinkles
- Uneven Complexion
- Post-Acne Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
- Enlarged Pores
- Facial Keratosis Pilaris
Ideal for those using any anti-aging regimen; allows active ingredients to penetrate the skin at a deeper level. Can also be used to evenly exfoliate the face prior to applying a facial self-tanning agent. Not recommended for those with ultra-sensitive skin. Dermatologist Tested and Approved : Allergy Tested : Non-Irritating : Non-Comedogenic : pH Balanced : Soap Free : Oil Free : Fragrance Free : Dye Free : No Animal Testing.
What I think: I have been using this once a week for a few weeks now, and I really like what it does for my skin. It really seems to get the dead skin off and my face is so smooth afterwards. The only irritation I get is from applying sunscreen afterwards, so I try to use this at night and put a mild cream on afterwards.
Create a canvas of flawless skin with Picture Porefect pore minimizing solution. ($40.00 USD) — While a pore’s physical diameter cannot be changed, Picture Porefect is proven to give superior results in helping pores appear smaller – removes excess skin oils, crops out blackheads and smoothes out edges.
Information and the claim: Pore dilatation begins with faulty exfoliation of cells lining the interior sebaceous gland – cells are too “sticky” leading to microscopic plugs. Once formed, sebum accumulates. Protracted pooling of skin oils serves to both nourish bacteria (like P. acnes and S. dis) and ultimately leads to inflammation, and acne formation.
Blackheads medically referred to as “open comedones” – are an all too common outcome. Plugs within the pores composed of sebum, cellular debris and bacteria congest the gland and expand the pore. Contact with air allows oxygenation to take place, turning the plugs black, further heightening visibility.
Sebum Sequestering Micro-Particles “soak up” excess sebum produced by sebaceous oil glands. Reduced sebum discreetly helps create an environment hostile to bacterial growth, thus deterring acne formation.
Retinol, Hydroxys and Azelaic Acid refine pores. Edges are easily smoothed and blackheads loosened and exfoliated.
Azelaic Acid is a naturally occurring dicarboxylic acid found in grains like wheat, rye and barley. Azelaic acid has been shown in lab studies to possess antibacterial activity against common skin bacteria Proprionobacterium acnes (P. acnes) and Staphylococcus epidermidis (S. epidermidis). It may also play a role in normalizing the keratinization process within the gland, bestowing it with anti-acne/anti-comedogenic talent.
Willow Bark Extract and Green Tea help reduce inflammation commonly associated with early forming acne. Aluminum Zirconium Tetra Chlorohydrex Glycine is an astringent agent that temporarily draws pores closed. Dermatologist Tested & Approved : Non Comedogenic : Allergy Tested : Non Irritating : Fragrance Free : Dye Free : No Animal Testing.
What I think: I like this serum, but I haven’t seen much of a reduction in pores in the few weeks I have been using it. I will keep using it and let you all know if I see a difference in a month or two.
DERMAdoctor Gorilla Warfare hair minimizing antiperspirant ($29.00 USD) — A gentle antiperspirant that at the same time minimizes hair growth.
Information and the claim: Feeling like Tarzan instead of Jane? No need to go ape over jungle-like hair growth and rain forest-level wetness. Stop monkeying around with the ordinary and make peace with two decidedly indelicate concerns with a solution uniquely camouflaged as a daily antiperspirant. Paraben free. Fragrance Free. Dye Free. Dermatologist Tested. Allergy Tested. Non Irritating. Non Comedogenic. No Animal Testing
Gorilla Warfare contains fourteen highly evolved botanicals that help turn underarm hair into an endangered species. Features the “tropical” foliage of:
- MYRICA CERIFERA (BAYBERRY) LEAF EXTRACT – a natural source rich in dihydromyrectin
- DIHYDROMYRECETIN – anticipated to cause selective inhibition of tyrosine kinase activity of the IGF-1 receptor & prevents follicular growth during anagen phase.
- GYMNEMA SYLVESTRE LEAF EXTRACT – thought to reduce proliferation of keratinocytes and mitotic activity of hair folicle.
- SERENOA SERRULATA FRUIT EXTRACT – (aka saw palmetto) considered to limit testerone production.
- EPILOBIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM EXTRACT – (aka fireweed) thought to minimize hair regrowth by denaturing the hair shaft helix.
- CUCURBITA PEPO (PUMPKIN) SEED EXTRACT – considered an anti-androgenic anti-DHT effect.
- SALIX ALBA (WILLOW) BARK EXTRACT – thought to help dissolve and denature keratin.
- LARREA DIVARICATA EXTRACT – (aka chapparal) rich in NDGA which is thought to moderate regrowth and slows down cell growth rate.
- PALMATINE – moderates mitotic activity of hair bulb keratinocytes.
- SUBTILISIN – hydrolyzes keratin into small peptides and decreases synthesis of hair proteins.
- UREA – denatures the cellular proteins and expedites hair exfoliation.
- HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN – anti-androgenic effects.
- NORDIHYDROGUAIARETIC ACID – considered to reduce DHT levels.
- OLEANOLIC ACID – luekotriene inhibitor thought to help reduce DHT levels
What I think: I love that this antiperspirant keeps me dry in the humid Kansas City weather! It also doesn’t have a strong scent, which I love. My armpits don’t need to smell like fruit and flowers! I have noticed that my hair is softer and a bit lighter. I am going to continue using it because it is really effective and I hope my hair growth diminishes over time.
Visit www.dermadoctor.com to learn more and to purchase these fabulous products! Enjoy!