Hi All! August is here and summer is still going strong. I’m not a big fan of the heat and humidity, but I do like the glow of summer makeup and fun colors on my eyes and nails.
Here are some of the products I have been enjoying using:
Rimmel London Wonder Wing Eyeliner Stamp ($6.99 USD) — I have not mastered winged eyeliner. In fact, I’m pretty terrible at it. That’s why I was excited to try this liner. The end of the liner has a long triangle shape to stamp a wing. And that does work, but it takes practice. There is a point at the end to use it as a liner, but it bleeds onto my eye. My trick is to use the stamp for the wing and connect it with a gel pen or eyeliner pencil.
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Summer Solstice Collection features 8 new, exotic shades. Plus, it’s great to wear on vacation and it lasts and lasts. Here are the shades:
● After Altar Take it to the dancefloor post-vows in a soft & subtle light nude
● Forever Together It’s fate! Raise a glass to a go-with-anything dusty purple
● Golden Glow Extend your summer glow with this metallic gold
● I Lava You Whisper sweet nothings donning a perfectly pearly pink (available in a duo pack with Miracle Gel™ Top Coat)
● Just Wanna Have Sun Enjoy bright, sunny days in a red-orange tint that evokes a tropical sunset (available in a duo pack with Miracle Gel™ Top Coat)
● Koi Coral Spend days snorkeling in a cool coral shade
● Ocean Daze Pick a marital-minded mint crème shade for your seaside escape
● Sea Gals Make it a magical mermaid moment in this shimmery aqua blue
I have the shades Golden Glow, Koi Coral, and Sea Gals. They are all gorgeous on! The Sally Hansen Summer Solstice Collection Retails for $9.99 each and is available at Walgreens.
Jergens Instant Sun Sunless Tanning Mousse ($11.99 USD) — I love this easy to use self tanner! Just apply this mousse to the body and let dry. Then you can dress and go.
Color will develop instantly and deepen over the next several hours. Use once for natural-looking color and repeat the next day if deeper color is desired. Availalbe in two shades — Light Bronze and Deep Bronze.
WUNDER2 Perfect Selfie HD Photo Finishing Powder
($22 USD) — I have this powder in the Bronzing Veil. It is a buildable finish that smooths the skin and has a nice warm tone. Perfect for a summer glow. This is also available in a Translucent finishing powder.
WUNDER2 Super-Stay Liquid Eyeliner ($15.95 USD) — This liquid liner is so easy to use. Waterproof and smudge-proof, the highly pigmented liquid eyeliner has a precision tip to create ultra-thin lines. It comes in 6 fun shades. The shades I have are Gold Mine, Red Velvet, Orange Pop and Electric Blue. Purchase WUNDER2 products at Ulta.com or www.wunder2.com
What new products have you been using this summer?