I am a big fan of PUR Cosmetics. I have tried lots of their products and are always excited to review them!
I have recently received PUR’s Bare It All 4-in-1 Skin-Perfecting Foundation and Contour Diaries Palette Ultra Matte Contour Kit for my honest review. I love trying new products to help give me a flawless complexion! I even did swatches, which are after the reviews below:
From the website — Formulated with agave extract, green tea, ginseng, B vitamins and PÜR’s proprietary Ceretin® Complex, this unique formula moisturizes and plumps the skin while stimulating the skin’s renewal process and fighting signs of aging.
I have found that it is a bit thick and the texture is a little dry. It does blend out well and is full coverage. For me it works best over a primer. It doesn’t settle in my pores or lines, and I really like that! It also stays looking fresh for hours. I received the shade Porcelain, which is a bit light for me now, but will work well in the winter. This foundation is available in 10 shades.
This is the front of the Contour Diaries. It’s just like the outer package. I think it’s very elegant!
The Contour Diaries open to show the mirror and shades. Here are the shades more close up:
The shades are:
Charm: Light pink/peach
Dream: Golden hue
Flirt: Warm peach
Secret: Light brown
Passion: Warm brown
Mystery: Deep brown
This palette has all matte shades. I thought that was really interesting for the highlights. They are soft powders that blend really well. As my skin tone is light, Secret is the best contour for me, but I can also use Passion with a bit of a tan. Mystery is too dark for me.
The highlighting shades are too dark as well, but I do light Dream for under my eyes. It kind of reminds me of a banana powder. That and Charm can be used as setting powder.
These powders can also be mixed together for the perfect shade. I think this kit would be gorgeous on someone with a medium to tan skin tone. The lighter shades would show up nicely.
Here are swatches of the foundation and palette:
The foundation is to the left and the bottom row is Charm, Dream and Flirt. The top row is Secret, Passion and Mystery.
I will be using the foundation in the winter when I am lighter and like more coverage. I will definitely use Secret and Passion to contour and I will play around with the lighter shades to see how to best use them.
Have you tried either of these products? Leave a comment and let me know!
What I think: To use this product, pour the entire bottle over the pads. Then, this it to be applied every night after cleansing and before hydrating skin. After using, skin feels firmer and pores are visibly reduced. This is easy to use and really tightens skin and gives a youthful glow!
What I think: First of all, the product in the bottle is so pretty! This is gorgeous for morning and/or evening use before moisturizer. Once applied, skin is brightened and looks smooth and clear. This definitely makes you look younger!
Julep Cushion Complexion 5-in-1 Skin Perfector with Turmeric ($30 or $24 if you are a Julep Maven) — This multitasking skin perfector has a natural, demi-matte finish with buildable medium-to-full coverage that conceals, corrects, illuminates, blurs & brightens. The convenient cushion tip applicator allows for easy and precise application, even on the go. Use it to spot correct and conceal, or all over as a foundation.
What I think: This product is unlike anything I have tried before! I received it in my August Maven box. I have been subscribing for years (I usually don’t review the box, because I only get a couple of items in it a month).
This has a sponge applicator, which is not new, but the fact that this can be a full face foundation is, plus it dries down to a matte finish almost immediately. If is full coverage and really pretty on. You only get a few minutes of play because it sets too, and I have found that I don’t need finishing powder with it. There are 18 shade available, so there’s a shade for almost everyone!
I am giving away 2 Medium 1 drops, a Deep 1 and a Deep 2 for a total of 4 products given away! They are all sealed and are a brand new product.
Here is the info on the drops:
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Mix-In Pigment Makeup Drops – ($7 USD) Highly concentrated liquid pigments that allow you to customize any face product for coverage or shade. Squeeze the dropper and add drops to any daily moisturizer or primer to create a custom foundation. The more drops you add, the higher the coverage. You can also add light or dark drops to any liquid makeup to custom match your skin tone.
If you would like to receive one, please leave a comment with the shade you would like to receive. If the shades don’t match yours, remember summer is coming! Also, if you have a friend or family member would match one of these shades, they would make a great gift!
Available to US residents only. I will draw winners on Friday, April 21st. Good Luck!
Happy Friday! I’m so excited to do this review of MATCHCo My Perfect Complexion foundation. I was lucky to be sent a customized just for me, bottle of this amazing foundation for my honest review.
Have you heard of MATCHCo? This brand is absolutely amazing because it’s extremely difficult, if not impossible to find a foundation that 100% matches our skin tone, we always have to match and try to create our own. With the MATCHCo ’s patented state of the art technology, this beauty app captures your exact skin tone with 5 simple skin tone scans. In less than 10 minutes, this iPhone app analyzes your unique skin tone and then custom blends a perfectly matching color formula just for you, even your bottle is personalized with your name and date it was made. It is beauty customization and personalization at its best. It’s the all-in-one foundation that evens out your skin tone and gives your complexion a flawless no-makeup look. Learn more at www.getmatchco.com
Here is the back of the bottle. I love how it has my name and the date it was created on it!
At first, I thought it might be a little dark for me, but it’s not. Here is the matching on my hand:
As you can see in the last photo, it blends really nicely. I love the full coverage, but it is so light on the skin, it looks like I’m not wearing foundation at all!
If you have an IPhone, check out the MATCHCo app. Scanning your skin is really easy. The foundation costs $49 and although it’s a bit pricey, it’s worth it to have a foundation that matches your skin so well.
I recommend this product and think it’s fantastic!
I have a BIG Fall makeup post today! I have recently received some fab new fall makeup to try out. I have made a list of my 10 fave items from 5 stellar brands: Laura Mercier, tarte, Pur Minerals, Laura Geller and It Cosmetics:
1. tarte Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation ($36 USD) — Introducing the latest addition to the Amazonian clay foundation line for total complexion perfection! Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation delivers flawless, natural-looking coverage that lasts, while the skintuitive™ formula invigorates skin tone and texture for a youthful complexion. Powered by Amazonian clay enriched with the Earth’s natural, light-reflecting gemstones, this moisture-rich powder buffs on smoothly for waterproof, 12-hour coverage that won’t settle into fine lines and wrinkles. Available in 11 shades to perfectly compliment a wide range of skin tones and undertones, this innovative foundation also employs a custom mesh delivery system for a fool-proof, mess-free application every time.
What I think: If you are looking for a natural coverage foundation that is good for you, this is the perfect one! I buff it on with tarte’s Airbuki Foundation Brush. It covers red spots and imperfections but really looks just like your own skin! And it is so fast to apply!
2. Laura Geller CC Cream Compact w/ SPF 25 ($35 USD) So many benefits–just one compact! This antiaging compact creme foundation helps even out your complexion with a color-correcting peach swirl–but it doesn’t stop there. Boasting conditioning ingredients, the weightless formula also helps to protect against sun damage and prevent the look of lines, wrinkles, and sun spots. From Laura Geller. More info:
0.37-oz CC Creme Compact Color Correcting Swirl Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 25
Light: very fair or fair to light skin tones
Medium: light to medium skin tones
Tan: light olive skin to lightly tanned skin
Made in Italy/Korea
What I think: I have lots of BB, CC and even a DD liquid foundation, but this is my first CC crème contact. I am testing this in light, and really enjoy it for a full coverage look. I apply this with my BeautyBlender and it goes on perfectly. So smooth and pretty, it really evens out my skin tone.
3. Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Mystical ($23 USD) — An innovative wet/dry Eye Colour formula featuring Baked technology in beautiful shades that last all day. Magical and Mystical are limited edition shades included in the new Dark Spell collection.
What I think: Black smoky eyes are hot again this fall. This shadow has a little sparkle in it and is perfect for a night out. Really great color payoff as well.
4. Laura Geller INKcredible Gel Eyeliner Pencil ($20 USD) — INKcredible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Pencil is waterproof glide-on color stays put from day to night, delivering powerful, vibrant, multi-dimensional color.
– Precision tip allows for even application.
– Highly pigmented formula stays vibrant all day.
– Super soft means no pulling or skipping during application.
4 colors: Purple Rain, Blue Jean Baby, Teal Waters and After Midnight.
What I think: I have always been a fan on Laura Geller’s pencil eyeliners. I have been using this in Purple Rain. It is a gorgeous shimmering shade of purple. This is a very soft pencil, so make sure that you don’t press too hard (like I did). You could lose the point. But, it does last all day and all shades are gorgeous for fall!
5. Purminerals Big Blink Mascara ($20 USD) Fake a full night’s sleep with Pür Minerals Big Blink Mascara. Fortified with Argan Oil, Big Blink nourishes lashes for stronger, fuller eyelashes that are less likely to break or fallout. The clump-resistant wand easily glides over the lashes for an even application and coats the hard-to-reach inner corners for a complete set of luscious lashes.
What I think: This mascara gives great volume and keeps lashes healthy at the same time! The thing I love most about this mascara is that my lashes don’t get sticky and lumpy after I apply it. It looks fresh all day. This has a hard plastic brush which really separates the lashes.
6. tarte lights, camera, flashes™ statement mascara ($23 USD) — Take your lashes to the extreme with this ultra-black mascara that lengthens, curls and magnifies for an intensified look proven to increase lash volume by 752% instantly!
Take your sultry, flashy lashes to the extreme with this amped up, ultra-black mascara that lengthens, curls and magnifies lashes for an intensified look proven to increase lash volume by 752% instantly! Powered by tarte’s proprietary triple black complex, this longwear, vitamin-infused formula emphasizes length and volume while conditioning lashes for a dramatic look that won’t dry out, flake or budge.
The custom-engineered, dual-molded brush boosts even the skinniest lashes for an exaggerated, voluminous look. First, the shorter, denser side of the brush delivers the optimal amount of mascara to volumize and coat each lash perfectly, then the longer, firmer side of the brush lengthens and separates for maximum volume without clumping.
What I think: This is currently my favorite mascara. I use the longer side first so that when I apply it I won’t get lumpy lashes, then the short side for more volume, but you can play with it to see the perfect application for you. And boy, the results! My short, stubby lashes looks so long and lush! Awesome!
7. Pur Minerals Lip Gloss Stick ($15 USD) A bold lip makes a statement and pulls the look together quickly. Loaded with rich emollients and vitamin E, these buttery smooth sticks condition lips as they color for a smoother, softer pout with each application. Slick on the richly pigmented, bold color of a Pür Minerals Lip Gloss Stick available in fall’s hottest shades including: Coralline – a juicy coral, Game Day – our signature classic red, Daredevil – a punchy light red and Spiked Punch – sheer hot pink.
What I think: I have this in an older color called Honey Pie (above), which is a perfect neutral for fall. The stick itself is very moisturizing on the lips and leaves a soft, glossy finish. Very nice!
8. It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Blush™ Hydrating Gloss Stain ($24 USD) — Stay hydrated in the summer heat with the new IT Cosmetics Vitality Lip Blush Hydrating Gloss Stain which is infused with nine butter and oils that will pamper your lips without that giving them that sticky feeling. This lightweight serum repairs and protect while offering a beautiful pigmented shine. Available in four shades, Inspiring Red is the one shown.
What I think: The mixture of a stain and a moisturizing gloss is genius — soft lips and color that lasts all day! I always love It Cosmetics products because of the wonderful quality and skincare benefits. Very luxe.
9. Laura Mercier Lip Plumper in Charmed ($30 USD) — Lips look visibly fuller, healthier, sexier with a dose of colour and high-definition shine.
What I think: I have a lot of Laura Mercier glosses, but this is the first lip plumper I have tried from the brand. It does not sting, but does plump well and is not sticky! I am testing a limited edition color called Charmed. It is a light peach sheer color and is gorgeous, perfect with the hot black smoky eye!
10. It Cosmetics Limited Edition Heavenly Luxe™ Vanity Brush Set ($39 USD) Feather your way to happiness with this 6-pc Limited Edition Heavenly Luxe Vanity Brush Set made from 100 percent Ultra Plush, Cruelty Free Bristles. The chic and innovative set is sure to give you that airbrushed finish, for makeup application on the go!
What I think: I am so loving this brush set — and what a great price for the quality! My teenage daughter has stolen most of my eye shadow brushes, so I was glad to get a couple in this kit. You also get a large powder brush, a foundation brush, and a concealer brush, along with the three eye brushes.
I was sent the wonderful CoverGirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation ($13.99) and CoverGirl & Olay Pressed Powder ($11.99 USD) to review from www.bzzagent.com. This is a community of reviewers who are sent wonderful products FREE to get the word out. Sign up and you could be a BzzAgent like me!
Here is the lowdown on the products:
Science and beauty Skincare and foundation. Indulgence and affordability. COVERGIRL and Olay. Isn’t it great when your favorite things come together to help you look your best? COVERGIRL and Olay have teamed up again, bringing you COVERGIRL & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation and COVERGIRL & Olay Pressed Powder, to provide coverage for ageless, radiant looking skin, just in time for the peak of summer.
Give your skin a second chance COVERGIRL & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation is no ordinary make-up. Thanks to COVERGIRL & Olay, it smoothes the appearance of rough surfaces and gives your skin a radiant finish. COVERGIRL & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation also contains known skin conditioning ingredients to hydrate your skin and help improve skin tone over time. Neat, huh?
Perfect your look You can’t turn back the clock on aging, but you can reduce the signs. Just one pump of new COVERGIRL & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation helps instantly cover discolorations, fine lines and wrinkles. And finishing your look with a soft layer of COVERGIRL & Olay Pressed Powder will help brighten your skin tone.
What I think: I really enjoy both products!
The foundation is so moisturizing, but covers well, too! I have read that it may be too heavy for some people, but my trick is to place a couple of pumps of the foundation on the back of my hand, then use a sponge or brush and apply a little bit at a time to my face. That way I can add more if I need to. Plus I can blend, blend, blend! Which is always a trick when applying foundation. I also make sure to blend it down my neck so that I don’t get the “makeup mask”!
I usually use loose translucent powder, so it took me a little bit of practice applying the powder. I started with a makeup brush, but I find that applying it with the enclosed applicator works best for my skin. It helps lay the product down and gives great coverage.
After about a week of use, I have found that I really like this duo. My fine lines are less noticeable and the coverage is excellent! I will probably purchase again.
Visit www.covergirl.com to learn more and you can purchase the items at mass market retailers near you.
I love multitasking cosmetics — anything that does double duty in one step is okay in my book!
In the Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation ($15.99 USD), CoverGirl & Olay combine foundation and hydrating serum to cover fine lines and wrinkles and helps hydrate to improve skin tone over time.
The benefits of this creamy foundation are:
Instantly covers discolorations and age spots
Hydrates to improve skin tone over time
Foundation + Serum
I love the texture of this product. It is light and so easy to blend (I use a foundation brush, but a sponge or fingers would work just as well). The finish is dewy, but not shiny, plus my skin feels great. It is natural looking and highlights your skin, and does not look like you are wearing a ton of foundation.
There are 14 shade available. I use Buff Beige, which is gorgeous. It is a little darker than I would usually get, but since it blends in so beautifully, it looks natural on my skin.
I highly recommend this foundation/serum!
CoverGirl products are available at a mass market retailer near you. Enjoy!