Hot weather does such weird things to my skin. It has been so humid in Kansas City that when I walk outside, I sweat (gross, I know) and it makes my skin oily. But exposure to the sun, even with SPF, can also leave my skin dry. So my skin needs a lot of tlc in the summer!
I was sent the following products for my hones review, and I’m glad I was because I really need them!
Eraclea products contain a new, proprietary ingredient, scientifically designed to maintain the hydration that helps retain the youthful appearance of the skin. This efficacious ingredient is the result of a half-century of research. Its earlier forms were successfully used in medical and cosmetic applications. A carefully crafted combination of hyaluronic acid sponges and hyaluronic acids of various molecular weights, called the HylaSponge®System, is the key to the Eraclea hydrating properties. Each Eraclea product features the HylaSponge®System in combination with select antioxidants, vitamins, peptides and botanicals, all chosen for their functionality within the formulations.
- Pure Hydration Serum/Zinc ($80) — Perfect for stressed, irritated skin, this moisture-intensive serum draws on the anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of zinc to promote healing while reducing redness. The serum delivers pure hydration to rejuvenate and replenish the skin. For optimal results, use after Intensive Repair and Protect Serum/Vitamin C.
- Daily Bamboo Exfoliant ($40) This daily exfoliating micro-scrub removes impurities, oil, makeup and dead skin cells leaving the skin clean and fresh with a more youthful glow. It helps increase skin cell turnover rate and resurfaces the skin to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pores, age spots, discolorations and acne scars.
- Intensive Repair and Protect Serum/Vitamin C ($75) — After a long day in the sun, it’s important to remember that skin needs replenishing. It works to protect against cell damage, accelerate cell renewal and improve texture.
What I think: Loving this line! The exfoliating cleanser works really well on my sensitive skin. It doesn’t irritate it at all, but it does remove dry, dead skin. Both serums are really making my skin look younger: Pure Hydration Serum/Zinc calms my red skin down in the morning and I use the Intensive Repair and Protect Serum/Vitamin C at night to repair my skin — it glows in the morning!
Available at http://www.eracleaskincare.com
A natural breakthrough in skin brightening that boasts dramatic clinical results after just four weeks. Burt’s Bees Brightening regimen is a daily arsenal of five formulas dermatologist-tested and clinically-proven to visibly brighten skin, diminish the appearance of dark spots and discoloration and even skin tone, while improving skin hydration and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The items in the collection are:
· Burt’s Bees® Brightening Daily Facial Cleanser (6oz. $9.99)
· Burt’s Bees® Brightening Refining Tonic (6 oz. $9.99)
· Burt’s Bees® Brightening Dark Spot Corrector (1 oz. $19.99)
· Burt’s Bees® Brightening Eye Treatment (.5oz $19.99)
· Burt’s Bees® Brightening Even-Tone Moisturizing Cream (6 oz. $19.99)
What I think: I have been testing the cleanser and eye treatment. The cleanser is gentle, but effectively removes my makeup in the evening and leaves my skin clean, but not dry. I also love the citrus scent. The eye treatment does seem to brighten up the dark circles. I will use a little longer and let you know if I see a noticeable difference in a month or so!
Where to buy: At leading drug, grocery and mass retailers or at www.burtsbees.com.
Korres Pomegranate Balancing Cream-Gel Moisturizer ($32 USD) — This pore-minimizing and mattifying moisturizer delivers immediate and lasting hydration while simultaneously balancing oily to combination complexions. The unique lightweight cream-gel texture is formulated with a blend of 15% pomegranate water, pomegranate extract, alpine willowherb, and contains tannins and polyphenols. These ingredients help reduce the appearance of pores and rejuvenate the look of skin while providing a matte finish. Hyaluronic and salicylic acids combine to offer an immediate moisture boost while conditioning skin for an overall smooth appearance.
What I think: Light moisturizers are so perfect in the summer! I love that this is a natural product. I like to use it at night over serum, but I also apply it sometimes in the morning with an SPF over it. I love the fresh scent and how it instantly absorbs into my skin.
Korres Natural Products may be purchased at Sephora.com
What skincare are you using as summer approaches?