Hi all! Happy Saturday! I’m so glad it’s the weekend. And the weather is beautiful in Kansas City today.
I had to return a foundation that didn’t work for me at Ulta, so I exchanged it for this beautiful palette (and a 20% off coupon). This palette is $52, but with coupons or sales coming up, you could get it for less!
Here’s the inside of the palette. There are 19 shades. Here’s some info from the Ulta website:
Inspired by the elements – Air, Earth, Fire and Water – a constellation of unique colors orbit around Luna, an ultra-iridescent transformer shade. The 19 new multidimensional pigments include bright mattes, holographic shimmers and molten metallics.
- Silver Burn (smoky purple w/ pink iridescent sparkle)
- Electric Air (pinkish silver w/ iridescent micro-glitter)
- Tectonic (chocolate brown w/ iridescent micro-sparkle)
- Volcanic (bronze metallic)
- Earth Bound (forest green satin w/ tonal micro-shimmer)
- Hex Remedy (bright purple w/ iridescent sparkle)
- Fool’s Gold (metallic gold w/ tonal sparkle)
- Antidote (soft warm nude)
- Dream Weaver (bright pink matte)
- Ego (soft pinkish-purple w/ blue micro-shimmer)
- Fortune Teller (metallic pink-red w/ green 3-D sparkle and shift)
- Moon Rock (metallic copper w/ iridescent sparkle)
- Secret Keeper (bright green satin w/ gold shift)
- Luna (white shimmer w/ iridescent micro-sparkle)
- Lioness (smoky burgundy satin w/ bronze sparkle)
- Elemental (sienna matte)
- Heavy Water (bright metallic teal)
- Sapphire Dream (bright navy blue metallic)
- Fire Starter (deep red w/ gold micro-shimmer)
Here as swatches:
Sapphire Dream, Electric Air, Antidote, Secret Keeper, Earthbound, Elemental. Elemental and Antidote are two of the three mattes in the palette and I use them with a lot of different looks.
Volcanic, Lioness, Fire Starter, Dream Weaver, Ego and Heavy Water. I’ve been doing a lot of bronzey looks and Volcanic is gorgeous on the lid. Ego’s also another one of my favorites. Heavy Water is beautiful but I haven’t tried it yet. Maybe I’ll use it for holiday looks.
Fortune-Teller, Silver Burn, Fool’s Gold, Moon Rock, Tectonic, Hex Remedy and Luna. These are the inner circle shades and they really call to me! So beautiful. I love purples and bronzes, and that gold looks amazing on the lid!
What I liked: The packaging is gorgeous! The out box and the compact itself is well made. The palette has a large mirror and is easy to open. I love the shades. I picked it up for the purples, but the other shades are beautiful, too. The mattes are easy to blend and the metallics are creamy and really pigmented.
Not so much: I haven’t tried all of the glitters, but I put Silver Bullet on my lid in the morning, and by evening all of the glitter was gone. It just looked like I had a smokey eye at the end of the day. I did use a glitter glue. The same with Tectonic. I’m going to keep trying these out.
I do recommend this. Especially if you can get in on sale. I do like the Urban Decay Born to Run palette more, but I will use this for glam holiday looks.
Have you tried the Urban Decay Elements palette? What do you think?