I was very lucky to be invited to a media event for Fogo de Chão’s (fogo-dee-shown) new Kansas City Menu! My husband Brad and I got to hobnob with local KC writers, social media mavens and TV reporters.
Have you heard of Fogo de Chão before? It’s is a leading Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, specializing the Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco – roasting high-quality cuts of meats over open flame – and a service model known as espeto corrido (Portuguese for “continuous service”). Founded in Brazil in 1979, Fogo de Chão (which translates to “fire on the ground”) currently operates 51 locations throughout the United States, Brazil Mexico and the Middle East. Fogo Kansas City opened in 2009.
Fogo is best known for its distinctive and authentic Brazilian full churrasco dining experience, which begins with a gourmet Market Table and Feijoada Bar that includes an abundance of seasonal salads, soup, fresh vegetables and feijoada. The main course features a variety of simply seasoned meats that are carefully fire-roasted by its famous gaucho chefs, plus seafood, desserts, signature cocktails and an award-winning wine list.
A decadent dessert menu features signature, house-made Papaya Cream with fresh papaya, vanilla ice cream and Crème de Cassis liqueur, South American Flan, Crème Brûlée and much more.
Unique to Kansas City, Fogo now offers three dinner menus for guests to enjoy all that Brazil has to offer at three distinct price points – no matter the occasion, Fogo fits any budget. Select Cut ($29 – $32): Select one cut of fire-roasted meat to be carved tableside, including:
- Picanha ($32): Most prized Brazilian sirloin steak, lightly seasoned with sea salt and sliced thin
- Fraldinha ($32): Strongly marbled bottom sirloin steak, carved against the grain for tenderness
- Leg of Lamb ($32): Fire-roasted until tender, and sliced off the bone (served with mintchurri sauce)
- Center-cut Pork Chop ($32): Cured and seasoned with Brazilian spices, and thickly sliced off the bone
- Chicken ($29): Tender citrus-marinated chicken breast, lightly seasoned with Brazilian spices
Brazilian Cuts ($39): Experience a selection of Brazilian favorites – from the house specialty sirloin, Picanha, to a decadent leg of lamb, Cordeiro – which include:
- Picanha (Prime part of the Top Sirloin), Alcatra (Top Sirloin), Fraldinha (Bottom Sirloin), Costela de Porco (Pork Ribs), Cordeiro (Leg of Lamb), Bisteca de Porco (Pork Chops), Lombo (Pork), Medalhões com Bacon (Bacon Wrapped Steak), Linguiça (Pork Sausage), Frango (Chicken)
Full Churrasco Experience ($50.95): Guests can enjoy the full churrasco experience for which Fogo is best known – continuous tableside service of signature cuts of fire-roasted meat.
My husband and I really enjoyed this experience and will be going back! Have yhou eaten at Fogo de Chão?
Here are photos from my evening and from Fogo:
Fogo de Chão 222 W 47th St. Kansas City, MO 64112 816-931-7700
4 thoughts on “Fogo De Chao’s New Menu in Kansas City!”
Yum! My dad has been to one in Chicago. He knows one of the players for the White Sox & after the last game of the season a few years ago, he took my dad & some other friends & family out to dinner there. My dad said it was really good.
That’s awesome! It is really good!
I’ve wanted to go there for years! But my husband is a crazy vegetarian, so maybe not the best spot for him?! 🙂 Yuh-um-ummy, though, oh wow.
Probably not the best place for him, but there is a nice salad station. And it’s delicious!