I purchased this palette for myself on Christmas Eve. Ulta had it on sale for $33 and it was 20% off on top of that. I know I’m probably the last blogger on earth to own this, but I just had to see what all of the hype was about!
This palette normally sell for $42 at Ulta and other beauty stores. I first want to say I was looking forward to quality in the packaging as well as the shadows, and I wan’t let down. It’s a heave palette. I love the velvet dusty pink cover. I also love that there is a mirror and brush included. I also want to mention the formula. It’s really pigmented and rich. A little goes a long way. There is kick up in the pan, but I was expecting that from reviews I have read about this brand. It’s not too bad, though.
The shades are:
- Tempera (velvety beige w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Golden Ochre (earthy yellow w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Vermeer (iridescent shell w/ a metallic finish)
- Buon Fresco (antique lavender w/ an ultra- matte finish)
- Antique Bronze (metallic sable w/ a satin finish)
- Love Letter (raspberry w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Cyprus Umber (dark coffee w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Raw Sienna (neutral amber w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Burnt Orange (deep orange w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Primavera (shimmery gold dust w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Red Ochre (sienna w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Venetian Red (crimson w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Warm Taupe (earthy gray w/ an ultra-matte finish)
- Realgar (brick w/ an ultra-matte finish)
Here are my swatches:
This is the top row — Tempera, Golden Ochre, Vermeer, Buon Fresco, Antique Bronze, Love Letter, and Cyprus Umber. Our of these, I love Tempera, to use as a base, Vermeer because it’s shimmery and perfect, and Buon Fresco because it’s so different. I am still playing with all of these, so will probably have more faves soon!
The bottom row is Raw Sienna, Burnt Orange, Primavera, Red Ochre, Venetian Red, Warm Taup and Realgar. Both Raw Sienna and Burnt Orange are gorgeous lid colors and Red Ochre is amazing in my crease. I love Primavera because shimmers are my favorites and I used Warm Taupe on my lid today and it looked really warm and chocolatey!
I love the different tones in this. I’m not the biggest fan of warm colors all the time, so I love that there are reds and a pretty lavender in this, plus the wonderful shimmers. There are so many looks that I can get out of this one palette. I have a prediction that it may be my go-to palette in 2018.
Have you tried this palette? What do you think?