It has been warm in Kansas City for the last few days. It definitely doesn’t feel like winter! But that won’t last, the weather changes very quickly here.
I have been loving trying new skincare this week, some I am featuring here along with some fab new makeup brushes:
Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum ($32.99 USD) — Straight from the juicy center of grapefruit is a Vitamin C packed serum that will exfoliate and tone damage skin to healing perfection. The ingredients in the serum are:
- Retinyl Retinoate – A revolutionary new form of vitamin A that is 2x more bioavailable than retinol while also being significantly more stable. Activates collagen production while it gently exfoliates by enhancing cellular turnover, erasing wrinkles, discoloration & signs of aging.
- Coffee Berry – Antioxidant-rich superfruit that enhances collagen production & neutralizes aging free radicals.
- Chamomile Extract – A powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory qualities that has been shown to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Coconut Oil – Moisturizes and soothes skin while creating a lipid barrier that fends off skin damage. Combats wrinkles & discoloration while promoting the natural healing of the skin.
What I think: This is a powerful serum! I have sensitive skin, so I use it two or three times a week at night. I find that my skin is glowing in the morning! It also smoothes out my skin.
Available on www.madhippie.com
Makeup Academy has added 15 NEW professional brushes to their extensive premium brush collection. Innovatively designed with a mix of natural and synthetic fibers for use across face, eyes and lips, the brushes feature precision-cut heads and sleek, gunmetal finishes and are available exclusively at CVS/pharmacy.
From a Contour Brush ($12) to a Double-Ended Contour & Highlighter Brush ($16), the new MUA brushes have a tool for every need. Here are some other favorites:
- Bold Brows: Raise some eyebrows with perfectly shaped arches with the NEW Pro Double Ended Pointed Brow Brush & Spoolie ($12)
- Flawless Face: Use the NEW Pro Multi Purpose Brush ($12) for all your face makeup needs. From liquid and cream foundations to pressed and loose powders, this perfectly sized brush head lets you easily buff and layer product onto the skin.
- Sultry Smoke: The NEW multi-tasking Pro Double Ended Smokey Eye Brush ($12) creates the perfect smokey eye with a Shader Brush on one side and a tapered Crease Brush on the other.
What I think: This are gorgeous brushes for really affordable prices. The brushes themselves are very soft. My favorite is the Pro Double Ended Smokey Eye Brush. The crease brush makes it so easy to define the crease and the shader side applies color evenly along the lid.
These are available at http://www.cvs.com
Kensington Apothecary Rose Butter Facial Balm ($25 USD) — On the face, this miracle balm dissolves stubborn makeup, softens fine lines and locks in precious moisture. Use it on chest, legs and elbows to keep areas smooth and soft. Use a touch in dry hair to combat frizz and give locks a smooth shine. Massage into cuticles for a quick at-home manicure. Includes Rose Otto, Cupuacu, Coconut Oil and Cocoa Seed Butter.
Kensington Apothecary Rose Water Exfoliating Tonic ($28 USD) — Don’t scrub with grit. A quintet of fruit acids reveals soft, radiant skin by cleansing away dead skin and dirt. Sugar cane, bilberry, and citrus extracts gently dissolve the outer layer of dead skin, revealing fresh, younger skin beneath. Calming and healing organic rose hydrosol combines with pH powerhouse witch hazel and moisture-locking aloe vera.
What I think: The facial balm is so nice to have. If you rub the top of it with your finger, it dissolves the balm into a light oil. It works so well on lips, cuticles, dry skin. The tonic feels so nice on and helps dissolve dirt and makeup. Both products have a soft rose scent.
These products are available online via www.kensingtonapothecary.com