I have recently read a fabulous and helpful new beauty book by beauty industry insider, Andrea Pomerantz Lustig called HOW TO LOOK EXPENSIVE: A Beauty Editor’s Secrets to Getting Gorgeous Without Breaking the Bank (List Price $25, Gotham Books).
The New York Post did a three-page spread of the book, featuring makeovers Andrea did on 4 women. The results were amazing. The Wall Street Journalhas praised the book: “There are too many beauty books on the shelves, so the bar for actually buying one is high. This one leaps it, with room to spare.”Allure, Glamour, Shape, Self, USA Weekend, Family Circle, Brides, Today’s Black Woman, andIn Style have all jumped on this must-have book.
Andrea is Glamour magazine’s “Beauty Sleuth,” known for her wildly popular beauty advice column and her contact list bursting with the hottest beauty pros. Prior to becoming a contributing editor atGlamour, she was pioneer Editor-in-Chief at Sephora.com, and before that she spent nine years as Beauty and Fitness Director atCosmopolitan.
In the book, Andrea, shares her career’s worth of beauty advice and her beauty BFF contact list to reveal the exclusive tricks of the trade women need to boost their beauty confidence and look fabulously high-end—in any economy. Andrea shows women how to bridge the gap between what they want to look like and what they can afford to look like, how to upgrade their look to upgrade their life.
In the book, Andrea shares:
- The four NEW luxe looks and how you can achieve them.
- The top beauty tips and tricks that will upgrade any look.
- What it means to “look expensive” now (it’s not necessarily what you think!)
- The four rules of modern makeup and how to shop smart for beauty purchases.
- Cheap cosmetic secrets of expensive makeup artists.
- The makeup (or beauty) mistakes women make that cheapen their look
- How to makeover your makeup bag—for half the price
- The seven qualities of expensive looking hair color
- Princess-perfect skin on a pauper’s budget
- Affordable DIY versions of the celebrity manicure, facial, self-tan, blow-dry, red carpet makeup application stars pay gazillions for
Celebrity status is about to get a lot more affordable, as Andrea shares her “wealth” of beauty knowledge; the tips, tricks, and techniques culled from both her beauty insiders and the twenty-plus years she’s spent collecting, testing, seeing, and hearing the world’s best beauty advice.
Purchase at book stores and Amazon.com.